lesbenforen.de

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> Bitte beachten

Du kannst deinen Beitrag nach dem Posten 90 Minuten lang editieren, danach nicht mehr. Lies dir also vor dem Posten sorgfältig durch, was du geschrieben hast. Dazu kannst du die "Vorschau" nutzen.

Wenn dir nach Ablauf der Editierzeit noch gravierende inhaltliche Fehler auffallen, schreib entweder einen neuen Beitrag mit Hinweis auf den alten oder wende dich an die Strösen.

Diese Webseite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklärst du dich mit der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.

39 Seiten V  « < 36 37 38 39 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What about English?
kawa
Beitrag 02.Jul.2010 - 14:45
Beitrag #741

Blau, weil Ströse.

Gruppe: Admin
Userin seit: 06.08.2006
Userinnen-Nr.: 3.348

A paper cut.

And you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pingüina
Beitrag 16.Jul.2010 - 12:00
Beitrag #742

Gemüseputzi

Gruppe: Members
Userin seit: 13.04.2010
Userinnen-Nr.: 7.431

Well, that's a fine choice, I must say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon4.gif)

Splinter, though. Paper cuts are vile.

Did you prefer the extreme winter we had, or the extreme summer we're enjoying now? (And yes, that's a leading question. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

+Quote Post
Amelia
Beitrag 16.Jul.2010 - 15:57
Beitrag #743

Naschkatze

Userin seit: 17.01.2006
Userinnen-Nr.: 2.497

I prefer cold winters. High temperatures hamper my thinking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Do you have travel plans this summer?

+Quote Post
-Agnetha-
Beitrag 10.Aug.2014 - 23:06
Beitrag #744

ungerader Parallel-Freigeist

Userin seit: 25.08.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 83

Hey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

How are you?

I wonder whether you say "summer" in Australia for the hot season or for the months of June till September?

+Quote Post
kawa
Beitrag 11.Aug.2014 - 10:43
Beitrag #745

Blau, weil Ströse.

Interesting question! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I think, 'summer' is the hot season. And Wikipedia says, I'm right:

"According to meteorologists, summer extends for the whole months of June, July, and August in the northern hemisphere and the whole months of December, January, and February in the southern hemisphere." (Source: Wikipedia, "summer")

How did this question come up, if I may ask?

+Quote Post
-Agnetha-
Beitrag 15.Aug.2014 - 18:39
Beitrag #746

ungerader Parallel-Freigeist

Userin seit: 25.08.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 83

Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

I watched "Mc Leods Daughters" and in one episode it is really hot and they say "It's summer".
But I saw it in German and was not sure, if it's maybe just the translation.

+Quote Post
Dhalanna
Beitrag 16.May.2015 - 22:09
Beitrag #747

Geschirrspülerin

Userin seit: 11.05.2015
Userinnen-Nr.: 9.274

ZITAT(-Agnetha- @ 15.Aug.2014 - 19:39) *
Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

I watched "Mc Leods Daughters" and in one episode it is really hot and they say "It's summer".
But I saw it in German and was not sure, if it's maybe just the translation.

I watched "Mc Leods Daughters" in German and I liked watching it.

My English isn't very good and I hate watching TV in English. I hate reading books in English.
But I love to hear English musik and trying to translate the songs.

Can someone suggest good songs?

Der Beitrag wurde von Dhalanna bearbeitet: 16.May.2015 - 22:09

+Quote Post
leslie
Beitrag 17.May.2015 - 15:23
Beitrag #748

Miau

Userinnen-Nr.: 2.495

My favourite band is ABBA - but their English is not the best (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) My English neither, but I didn´t use it for 20 years, so I might be excused (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

For example: The song "The day before you came".... I always thought it´s "half past ten", "a quarter past nine" etc..... But: They sing: "a quarter after nine" Something´s wrong there, isn´t it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

So maybe you should listen to the Beatles - they´re British, and they should know their language (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And they repeat and repeat and repeat... 2 minutes for a song with 4 different sentences (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

Greetings,
Leslie

+Quote Post
PracticalMagic
Beitrag 21.Aug.2015 - 20:11
Beitrag #749

Geschirrspülerin

Userin seit: 21.08.2015
Userinnen-Nr.: 9.366

Hey everybody!

I just joined here and thought this is as good as place as any to put my two cents in! Awesome idea, even though it seems like this thread has had its share of near death experiences. I hope im not too late, because from what I've read so far this seems to be a place to meet likeminded people.

I stopped watching dubbed movies when i was 13, cuz meh. It just makes me wanna turn of the TV.

I cant live without my Kindle and all of Amazons services. It saved me from having to move due to the lack of storage space.

And since we finally got Netflix in our neck of the woods im pretty much all set when it comes to my vices.

Anyone here who is as big a geek as I am? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pfeif.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pfeif.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pfeif.gif)

Der Beitrag wurde von PracticalMagic bearbeitet: 21.Aug.2015 - 20:12

+Quote Post
leslie
Beitrag 02.Mar.2018 - 20:17
Beitrag #750

Miau

OMG....

I will be teaching English from next week on until summer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

One of our colleagues got the diagnosis "breast cancer", and she won´t be back for a long time. Fortunately she could be operated with success and with good chances, she even doesn´t need a chemo-therapy.

I never taught English - I can read it, speak it, write it (more or less) - but teach it??? My other colleague who teaches English tried to explain the materials and the themes to me - but for me it sounds very difficult, because I never did it before (for her it´s routine...). We will see (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Greetings
Leslie

+Quote Post
kawa
Beitrag 02.Mar.2018 - 20:32
Beitrag #751

Blau, weil Ströse.

In that case, first of all: change your forum's title from "miau" to "meow". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Tell the students: You have to learn English, and I have to learn to teach it to you, so this will be fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Don't be afraid, you're a teacher, aren't you? So you know how to stand in front of a class and speak to them. You will have books to follow and you can ask that other colleague for help. Just do it as good as you can, nobody will ask for more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheerlead.gif)

+Quote Post
leslie
Beitrag 02.Mar.2018 - 23:34
Beitrag #752

Miau

Kawa, thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
My cats speak German, I won´t teach them English (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) So they are allowed to say "Miau" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) They may also say: "brrrrp" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
And you´re right - this is what I thought first, too... To tell the children: "you have to learn it, I have to learn to teach it, so let´s learn together (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) "
And concerning the parents... I´m not sure... sometimes it seems that children don´t have parents at all - nobody who cares... no breakfast, no rubber, no ruler, no pencil...
But sometimes they are like lions, and they try to defend their children against I-don´t-know-what... peanuts...

And now I´m listening.... to my bed... yes, it´s definitively calling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I wish you a good night!

Leslie

Der Beitrag wurde von leslie7259 bearbeitet: 02.Mar.2018 - 23:36

+Quote Post
leslie
Beitrag 06.Mar.2018 - 20:18
Beitrag #753

Miau

My colleague unfortunately got a worse diagnosis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) The chances for her now are minimal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
That´s terrible, and everybody is scared, disappointed and afraid...

Today I had my first English-Lesson - and well... we wrote a test at first, and the children managed that very well. Then we learned some new words ("Easter egg, Easter bunny,) and repeated colours, animals and numbers.. The kids were quite surprised, that their teacher for religion is also able to teach English (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But - I´m not interested in teaching the children English religion or religious English (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Greetings
Leslie

Der Beitrag wurde von leslie7259 bearbeitet: 06.Mar.2018 - 20:19

+Quote Post
regenbogen
Beitrag 06.Mar.2018 - 21:13
Beitrag #754

a.D.

Userin seit: 24.08.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 5

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague's illness Leslie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

As for religious education and English, how about singing a gospel or two with the kids? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
leslie
Beitrag 07.Mar.2018 - 18:55
Beitrag #755

Miau

definitely... not definitively... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
And I´m sure you´ll find more mistakes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
But: I left school 26 years ago - and since then I didn´t use my English... Ok, I"ve read some "Harry Potter"-books in English (and in Spanish and in Netherlands) - but that´s all...

Actually I´m exchanging English-materials and religious education-materials with my colleague - because she has to teach religious education now while I´m teaching English... I am thankful for her help, she is thankful for my help - so we both will try to do our best (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

@Regenbogen: Singing - wow, that´s my personal enemy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I hate it - thus I´m glad that I don´t have to teach music in my own class. But we have CDs which we can use during the English lessons - so I let the CD sing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) - and the kids have fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Greetings
Leslie

Der Beitrag wurde von leslie7259 bearbeitet: 07.Mar.2018 - 18:56

+Quote Post
regenbogen
Beitrag 07.Mar.2018 - 19:49
Beitrag #756

a.D.

Userin seit: 24.08.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 5

Don't worry about making a few mistakes, it's more important that you're a good teacher (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
cup of tea
Beitrag 14.Apr.2018 - 22:21
Beitrag #757

Salatfee

Gruppe: stillgelegt
Userin seit: 27.03.2016
Userinnen-Nr.: 9.548

Oh why didn't I see that topic earlier? The english language is my hobbyhorse! I just finished a part time MA in England and will soon leave the country, this time for longer.

I also have an english cat, but she's learnt quite a bit of german language. So now she's bilingual (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Brought her back with me, when I moved back from England to Germany in 2012.

How is the teaching going, leslie? Recently I was forced to teach music, which I have even studied years ago, but never taught...so that was a small catastrophe....good luck!

cup of tea

+Quote Post
leslie
Beitrag 15.Apr.2018 - 11:40
Beitrag #758

Miau

Hey, cup of tea,

thanks for asking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Well - we recently learned some items concerning birthday parties ("fancy hat", "birthday cake", "candle", "present",....) - and actually we are learning something about the seasons - we started with spring (sun, flowers, tulips, daffodils etc..), the other seasons are going to follow...
I think the children have accepted that I have to have a look into my papers, but they can remember the new words quite well, that´s impressing. Last time we learned a new song and played a game - and they just had fun, and that´s important, too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(My cats can only speak "cattish" - but at least they know their names - but some of them think that it´s definitively not necessary to listen to them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Greetings,
Leslie

Der Beitrag wurde von leslie7259 bearbeitet: 15.Apr.2018 - 11:48

+Quote Post
cup of tea
Beitrag 19.Apr.2018 - 09:44
Beitrag #759

Salatfee

Gruppe: stillgelegt
Userin seit: 27.03.2016
Userinnen-Nr.: 9.548

Hey leslie,

it's always great for students to see, that their teacher is also learning. Usually at least.
I had a group all year now and will still have another course, that expect the teacher to spread wisdom over them like sprinkle of salt....which is really not my way of teaching. At the same time they're so leant back and don't really want to get involved...young adults who are not through their puberty yet it seems. Sometimes I'd rather exchange them for high school students.

Enjoy the fancy hats and face masks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheerlead.gif)

and have a cuppa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/morgen.gif)

warm wishes-
earl grey

+Quote Post
leslie
Beitrag 12.Jun.2018 - 19:03
Beitrag #760

Miau

Well, meanwhile I don´t have any stuff to teach any more - we´re through, even the special projects are done...
We´ve been going on a bear hunt, we heard a story about a bear family who couldn´t find the right beds in the house... we played games and sang songs...
And now there are 4 more weeks to go and I don´t know how to "fill" the lessons... One of my colleagues told me that she´s got some additional material which she could give me - but she is so very occupied with her own family that I can´t rely on her (and no, I don´t mean this in a negative way, she definitively has a whole lot of work at home and I can understand that she can´t think of everything!)

Ok - I´ll take a cup of tea and go to bed...
Maybe my dreams will show me a solution (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Greetings
Leslie

+Quote Post

39 Seiten V  « < 36 37 38 39 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 Besucherinnen lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 4 | Anonyme Userinnen: 0)
0 Userinnen:

Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 29.03.2024 - 12:09