lesbenforen.de

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> Bitte beachten

Du kannst deinen Beitrag nach dem Posten 90 Minuten lang editieren, danach nicht mehr. Lies dir also vor dem Posten sorgfältig durch, was du geschrieben hast. Dazu kannst du die "Vorschau" nutzen.

Wenn dir nach Ablauf der Editierzeit noch gravierende inhaltliche Fehler auffallen, schreib entweder einen neuen Beitrag mit Hinweis auf den alten oder wende dich an die Strösen.

Diese Webseite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklärst du dich mit der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.

39 Seiten V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What about English?
TiredDragon
Beitrag 21.Nov.2004 - 23:58
Beitrag #21

Geschirrspülerin

Gruppe: Members
Userin seit: 11.09.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 314

indeed it is, it is...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rainbowgirl
Beitrag 28.Dec.2004 - 20:35
Beitrag #22

Filterkaffeetrinkerin

Userin seit: 20.12.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 955

Hi there!

I'm kind of a "mainstream"-reader, meaning mostly thriller. I found that bookstores in all big train stations (e.g. Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Hannover, Berlin) have a pretty good selection of english books available.

As far as I know there's an English bookstore in Berlin somewhere close KuDamm. I think it's calles Marga Schöllers, but I'd have to ask my mum who's a regular there (English teacher). Forget that I just looked it up: Marga Schöller, Knesebeckstr. 33, 10623 Berlin, phone 030/ 881 11 12

Greetings,
rainbowgirl

+Quote Post
Sagittaria
Beitrag 03.Mar.2005 - 22:10
Beitrag #23

Gut durch

Userin seit: 24.08.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 47

could this be called the "lesbian thread-death" ...?

+Quote Post
noname45
Beitrag 03.Mar.2005 - 22:44
Beitrag #24

Musegeküsste Knuddelkoboldin

Userin seit: 01.03.2005
Userinnen-Nr.: 1.290

:lol:
Why can't we just revive it? :was:
Or is there absolutely no hope for the patient to make it through the night?

+Quote Post
shark
Beitrag 03.Mar.2005 - 23:09
Beitrag #25

Strösenschusselhai

Gruppe: Admin
Userin seit: 10.11.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 741

There is a ...certain ...chance to keep this thread alive, but I needed some kind of subject to talk about!
Good ideas around??

Der Beitrag wurde von shark bearbeitet: 03.Mar.2005 - 23:10

+Quote Post
noname45
Beitrag 04.Mar.2005 - 18:43
Beitrag #26

Musegeküsste Knuddelkoboldin

Userin seit: 01.03.2005
Userinnen-Nr.: 1.290

English films? English books? English music?

+Quote Post
Sagittaria
Beitrag 04.Mar.2005 - 23:16
Beitrag #27

Gut durch

Userinnen-Nr.: 47

does anyone of you like "the streets"? i really dig this singer with his accent, though i sometimes have to listen very closely to understand him...

+Quote Post
Bilana
Beitrag 12.Mar.2005 - 23:23
Beitrag #28

Capparis spinosa

Userin seit: 25.08.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 97

What's Beuteschema in English: Is it only prey-pattern or also booty-pattern? I mean if you use it in a suggestive, nasty way.
Prey sound like hunting in the woods. At least fette Beute machen can be translated as capture a lot of booty (if we speak about bank looting or so.) Am I wrong?

Well, you see I'm puzzled about Beute, may someone is willing to help?

+Quote Post
regenbogen
Beitrag 12.Mar.2005 - 23:38
Beitrag #29

a.D.

Userinnen-Nr.: 5

I'm sure that "Beute" in this context is "prey". It is, after all, about hunting. However, I'm not sure that "prey pattern" exists, and Google also seems to find it mainly on pages by non-native English speakers. I'd probably translate "dem Beuteschema entsprechen" as "be someone's typical prey" or some such... but I'd be interested to see what native speakers say.

+Quote Post
Bilana
Beitrag 13.Mar.2005 - 00:00
Beitrag #30

Capparis spinosa

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. LEO and my big fat Pons don't know the word Beuteschema in English. And what I googled sounded quit scientific, biological.
Probably the word really don’t exist in English. At least I found it in a translation, so I wonder what the American original is.

+Quote Post
millicent
Beitrag 30.Apr.2005 - 19:44
Beitrag #31

Vorspeisenexpertin

Userin seit: 24.04.2005
Userinnen-Nr.: 1.519

QUOTE (Sagittaria @ 03.Mar.2005 - 22:10)
could this be called the "lesbian thread-death" ...?

Is it really dead? And there's me thinking LTD was a myth! :rolleyes:

What a shame!
We could have talked about being a lesbian in Germany vs being a lesbian in the UK.
I haven't lived in Germany for nearly 9 years. What's it like now?
I remember the scene being quite seperatist.
And much more political than here.
(To be fair, pride is more fun if there's a funfair!)

+Quote Post
Lisabeth
Beitrag 30.Apr.2005 - 23:52
Beitrag #32

auf Entdeckungsreise

Userin seit: 21.11.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 800

Hi, millicent, :)

sounds like a very good idea to me...
Unfortunately 9 years ago I did not have any idea about being lesbian, so I probably won't be able to really contribute to this. (But then again - maybe at least by keeping this thread alive a little longer? ;) )

I have been living "open" for about one year now, and I have to admit that I had expected it to be more difficult. I was rather scared of how people would react to a lesbian couple and was surprised that here - which is in the middle of Berlin - people usually couldn't care less.
But I don't know too much about the scene, never mind about it being separatist or political - I would prosume it is less political than nine years ago?

How about living in the UK? Or, as far as you can tell, where are or were the differences between living in the UK and in Germany?

+Quote Post
millicent
Beitrag 01.May.2005 - 14:43
Beitrag #33

Vorspeisenexpertin

Userin seit: 24.04.2005
Userinnen-Nr.: 1.519

Hello Lisabeth!

You know, I'm not sure if I am really qualified to contribute - it's not as if I ever got to go on the scene when I lived in Germany.
I've been out (to myself) since I was 16 - I came out to my friends and family about two years later. I grew up in a small Catholic village in Northern Bavaria and it was quite difficult - there was nobody to talk to - and there certainly were no pubs or clubs to go to.
I met my first g/f in an all girl language school - we decided to go to the UK for 12 months to brush up on our English and then come back and go to Uni.
We rented a flat in Brighton together (by that time we'd split up) and six months later I met the love of my life (who's English), so I'm still here. :)
When ever I did go out on the scene, I have to admit that I did find it quite seperatist. Sometimes I went out with my best gay male friend and we often couldn't find a venue that was mixed. :was:

I am also not sure if I am qualified to talk about life as a lesbian in the UK, because I don't know how representative Brighton is for the UK. (My g/f says - not very.) Brighton is apparently the gay capital of Britain - it is also quite cosmopolitan (lots of different nationalities - Spanish, French, Italian, German, Australian, Austrian,...) which gives the place a nice vibe. And because there are so many gays and lesbians, being queer is not an issue, really.

I love it. It's the first place I've felt really at home. It's a city, but it's quite compact, so you can walk everywhere and don't need a car. And it's 45 minutes by train to London (if I feel like a REALLY big city).

I don't go out on the scene much now (I've gone all married) but I find that on the whole dykes seem to have more fun over here. By that I mean that they seem more relaxed with things like butch/femme/drag kings being fun and not some sort of dodgy political statement. And there are quite a few mixed places.

(But probably I just went to the wrong parties when I lived in Germany! I'm sure Berlin is NOT like where I grew up.)

Then, again, people seem a lot less political here - we went to Munich Christopher street day last year and it felt very much like a demonstration, a proper march. I SO enjoyed it!
Here, Pride is FUN (in capitals!) and yes, it's great, and there are bands and a fun fair and market stalls, but it is very much a "parade", not a march.
It's very much about getting dressed up and dancing your socks off.
With pride, of course.
:D

Gay marriage has been legal in Germany for a while now, hasn't it?
How is that going? Is it a really big thing? (Gay marriage will be legal here in December and already lots of businesses are springing up targetting the Pink Pounds of the soon to be married gays and lesbians.)
Have there been any divorces yet?

Der Beitrag wurde von millicent bearbeitet: 01.May.2005 - 14:45

+Quote Post
Lisabeth
Beitrag 03.May.2005 - 14:20
Beitrag #34

auf Entdeckungsreise

Userin seit: 21.11.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 800

Hello millicent,

Brighton sounds like a wonderful place to live.. :)
(I haven't been there for ages, must have been more than .... 20 yrs ago? :wacko: With my parents?)

I have only been out (to myself and within a few weeks to my friends and family) for about 1 1/2 yrs now. It did come as a big surprise, luckily I had made the decision to leave a small, catholic town in Baden-Württemberg and move to Berlin years ago.
Live is a LOT different here - I suppose there it was not so very different from living in a Bavarian village..
I really cannot imagine to live there anymore..

Since I was married with children at the time of my CO there also aren't too many experiences with going out on the scene.. But you might be right concerning the fact that it IS rather "separatist". But then again, maybe I purposely picked the places with "women only" - I don't quite remember.
(I WAS feeling a little strange in the beginning.. :rolleyes: So I was glad there were only women. :huh: )
Actually last year, my first year of "being out", was the first year I did NOT go to any CSD.. But here in Berlin I remember it to be more like a big parade rather than a demonstration? (I have to admit I left Munich at the day of the CSD last year.. Which did not really have to do with the CSD at that point! ;) )

But as I wrote before, I am very glad people are rather relaxed here, I was able to talk to the teachers of my sons and there haven't been any difficulties at that point.

A little over a year ago now I fell in love with my girlfriend, another reason I don't go out on the scene as well..
She lives at the other end of Germany, more or less, and we spend a lot of time getting back and fourth.. The rare times we are able to spend together we do enjoy so much more to just be able to be "together".
And between her and my children and all the other little things one has to deal with in everyday life there is just not much room left for "being on the scene". Besides I love spending time with my friends, more like having a nice breakfast or cooking dinner together.

Quite a few things I probably just don't know so far, for instance how "serious" all the things about butch/femme/ drag king are?

As I said, it hasn't been that long, but I am learning! -_-

Yes, you are right, gay "marriage" has been legal for a while now. But if you look around a little you will find some threads here concerning this so-called "Verpartnerung". Unfortunately rights in gay marriage still differ from rights for hetero-couples, therefore there is not too much enthusiasm (yet?).
I have no idea about divorces?
How about in the UK? will it be comparable to the marriage of hetero-couples?

Oops, I've got to go...
Have a wonderful day! :)

+Quote Post
Bilana
Beitrag 10.Oct.2005 - 16:30
Beitrag #35

Capparis spinosa

It's dead Jim.

Oh no, I'm in the wrong movie and I'm not Bones.

Anyway, the thread looks dead. Is it worth to take out the defibrillator or shall we bury it six feet under?

+Quote Post
Pippilotta
Beitrag 10.Oct.2005 - 17:25
Beitrag #36

*kunterbunt*

Userin seit: 10.09.2004
Userinnen-Nr.: 304

Burying this would be a shame I think! B)

On the other hand there really is quite a lack of topics, which are not already covered by any other thread. So that's the difficulty I presume?!

Anyone any other suggestions concerning topics?
Something from normal day-to-day life? ;)
Or shall we rather talk about books and films (as did here before) anyone read or viewed in English?

Last thing I read in English was... Harry Potter - and there already is a thread about that so...?? :(

Anyways: have a nice evening and probably let's just try chatting along :rolleyes:

+Quote Post
Bilana
Beitrag 10.Oct.2005 - 20:03
Beitrag #37

Capparis spinosa

Uhm, well I know….
Recently I saw the latest Jim Jarmush movie. The interesting point is, that Jarmush don’t want his movies dubbed, so you have to watch it in English. (For the reason we discussed in this thread.)
Unlucky me saw in a cinema with subtitles and they always distract me. The movie, Broken Flowers, was really nice, if you like this kind of movie. Reminded me of Lost in Translation, not only because of Bill Murray.

Since I was forced to make my DVD player work I discovered it’s a nice chance to watch movies or tv shows in English. To bad my DVD player is only for Region 2.

Oh and I’d like to say that it really seems like prey-pattern or booty-pattern is not existing. I asked an Irish man lately. Just in case someone is still interested in the booty-question.

Have a nice day.

+Quote Post
Pippilotta
Beitrag 10.Oct.2005 - 20:10
Beitrag #38

*kunterbunt*

Sorry but I don't know at all what this movie is about; like to tell a bit more about the story behind it??

As for the subtitles: I just know what you are talking about; whenever there are subtitles in German I get distracted immediately and even though I don't want to look at them and read them my eyes are simply drawn to them and I can't help it... Sigh! :angry:
But as also said here before: English subtitles with an English film are better in a way! This way you have to read the English text and listen to the English words and even though I am still a bit distracted it is much better that way. But normally I just stick to the audio part without switching on the subtitles. Even if I don't get the whole movie I try to figure out the main parts (which I might miss) from the context.

Well then. And now I suppose I might just check which DVD I can watch as I am hooked to talking in English or watching a movie! :D

You too have a nice evening!

+Quote Post
Bilana
Beitrag 10.Oct.2005 - 20:33
Beitrag #39

Capparis spinosa

QUOTE (Pippilotta @ 10.Oct.2005 - 20:10)

As for the subtitles: I just know what you are talking about; whenever there are subtitles in German I get distracted immediately and even though I don't want to look at them and read them my eyes are simply drawn to them and I can't help it... Sigh! :angry:

Exactly!

But I have to say I don’t like English subtitles either, they also distract me.
I watched some DVDs where they were speaking awful American slang, something from the south.
Sometimes I would have needed the subtitle but is was confusing, cause it was written in somewhat proper grammar, unlike what the characters were speaking. In such cases I rather like to watch a scene twice, to get what they’re speaking.

Well Broken Flowers is about a man who visits four ex-girl friends, he hasn’t seen in 20 years. The reason is, he got a letter that says he has a 19-year-old son. The letter is written on pink paper with red ink. So we watch Bill Murray visiting these 4 women. Actually he visits 5, the last one is already dead and he visits her grave. Each meeting seems to be worse than the one before. The first one was really nice, he ended up in bed with the ex (poor Sharon Stone), the last one is the dead one.
All the meetings are real strange. He brings pink flowers for each woman.
An interesting part plays his neighbour who seems to be real exited about all this. Bill Murray of course is not exited at all. If he wouldn’t breath you wouldn’t sometimes recognize he’s alive at all. :D
It is a very quite movie, just like Lost in Translation. A bit weird, a bit of humour and a bit of sadness. Lots of humour comes from the odd pictures Jarmush is presenting us.

+Quote Post
Pippilotta
Beitrag 11.Oct.2005 - 18:18
Beitrag #40

*kunterbunt*

So I suppose the reason why he visits all 4 or 5 of them then is that he doesn't exactely know WHO wrote this letter? It was an anonymous one then? Sounds quite interesting.

I am planning on going to the movies to watch the new Jodie-Foster-movie next week. Anybody else planning to watch it? I am already looking forward to it.
I think it might be quite suspenseful though at the moment I am a bit torn because I don't know if it really might be reasonable?!? Sounds a bit weird that the girl is "lost" or hidden on the plane... but we will see (and then again I don't really care that much about it B) )

Which was the "best" movie you watched so far - or better the movie you liked the best?

+Quote Post

39 Seiten V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucherinnen lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Userinnen: 0)
0 Userinnen:

Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 28.03.2024 - 09:39