Die gute alte Küche - in neuem Gewand > Allgemeines > Babylon International
Seiten: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Triathlon
Hi to All!

I am new! And I am half German half American (not my fault). I grew
up in Germany and still live here.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Simonetta
Hi Triathlon! Welcome to the board and especially to this thread. Lovely to have an American here. What we do in this thread is play a game: one girl asks a question, then the next one answers the question and asks a new one.

The current question is
Are you a patient person?

Now you. smile.gif
Triathlon
Yes, I am very patient with others but sometimes not with myself.

Have you become more laid-back growing older?

Simonetta
Absolutely. smile.gif

What's your favourite place in the States?
Triathlon
Edisto Beach

I hope I spelled it right. It's on the East coast near Charleston?

Do you think there is a soul-mate for everyone?
Simonetta
Not in the sense of one exclusive person that is out there, meant to be found by you, but certainly I believe in the phenomenon that with some people, it just clicks right away, that you feel that their minds somehow work very much like your own does - that there is a spontaneous intimacy of souls not necessarily accompanied by physical attraction.

According to your experience, are physical and intellectual attraction related - and how?
Triathlon
According to your experience, are physical and intellectual attraction
related - and how?

Well, that's a tough question!

If you see a woman for the first time, she can be overhelming attractive
till the point you discover she is not like you assumed her to be.

On the long run there is no physical attraction without intellectual
attraction. But it is not only the mind I am interessted in but also
how she sees life, job, friends, family etc.
I fall in love with small things wich are not necessarily obvious to others.

I don't know if I have answered the question?

Why do we fall in love with people who are not good for us?
Meeresrauschen
Because they challenge us the most and add this way to our growth

What do you like the most about yourself?

BTW I am new to this part of the forum. I hope you all don`t mind if I am joining the game?
Triathlon
<"BTW I am new to this part of the forum. I hope you all don`t mind if I
am joining the game?"

Hello, and welcome to our game. Nice to have you here!

<"Because they challenge us the most and add this way to our growth"

I hope this is true!!!

<"What do you like the most about yourself?"

My kindness...

What do you like the most about yourself???

kawa
@Triathlon: if you want to quote another user's words, use the "Zitat"-button. smile.gif

QUOTE (Triathlon @ 30.Sep.2007 - 22:32)
What do you like the most about yourself???

That I am a humorous, even-tempered person.

What do you like the less about yourself?
Triathlon
I have no endurance... (Not a very nice question!)

In which situation where your ashamed?
malene
When I lost my temper at work (only 2 weeks ago...)

mad.gif

Do you remember your last nightmare?
Simonetta
I hardly ever have real nightmares, but I do remember a rather weird dream with negative imagery that I kept thinking about for a long time. shudder.gif

Do you think living close to the sea would change you as a person?
regenbogen
What a question to ask... gruebel.gif I like it!
It might not change me as a person, but I think it would make me feel calmer and happier.

Depending on which you like best, the mountains or the sea, what is it that fascinates you?
Simonetta
Hey, interesting question, too. smile.gif Ok - I don't like mountains. Hills yes - because they offer surprises and give you the possibility to look down on things without losing touch with them. Mountains scare me - they lock you in. And I simply LOVE the sea. I love the wind - I cannot even say why, but it makes me feel soooo good and free. Also, the pure space that the sea offers to your eyes... Here, every horizon is full of things. The sea forces human beings to leave some spaces empty.

Can you answer the question, too? smile.gif
regenbogen
I can't really explain what it is. The mountains just don't do anything for me (yes, except for making me feel locked in occasionally), but the sea opens my heart. wub.gif

I remember a day trip to the mountains with a friend... it was an extremely beautiful winter day, blue sky, harsh rock, white snow, some green grass, and a clear bright sun shining over it all, and had we taken pictures we would have won any photo competition hands down. Looking at all this splendour, I asked my friend: "Und, geht dir jetzt das Herz auf?" She replied: "Nö. Dir?" "Nö." I rest my case...

The sea, on the other hand... wub.gif Whatever the weather, when I take my first look at the sea it makes me take a deep deep breath and marvel at the space and the peace. Walking on the beach with my feet in the rippling waves or sitting on the beach with a book just listening to the turf is my idea of perfect happiness.

Has "mountain or sea?" ever been an issue when planning a holiday with your family/wife?
Simonetta
QUOTE (regenbogen @ 01.Oct.2007 - 20:31)
I remember a day trip to the mountains with a friend... it was an extremely beautiful winter day, blue sky, harsh rock, white snow, some green grass, and a clear bright sun shining over it all, and had we taken pictures we would have won any photo competition hands down. Looking at all this splendour, I asked my friend: "Und, geht dir jetzt das Herz auf?" She replied: "Nö. Dir?" "Nö."

lach.gif lach.gif lach.gif

Has "mountain or sea?" ever been an issue when planning a holiday with your family/wife?

Yes, with my parents when I was a teenager: North Sea Coast or South of France. My parents won. I spent the holidays moping and reading Siegfried Lenz's "Deutschstunde". You should see my face in the pictures. biggrin.gif I think we went to the North Sea Coast again the following year.

What myth did you believe in as a child?
kawa
That I would understand everything, when I was grown-up. rolleyes.gif

Would you like to be a child again?
malene
Certainly not.

rolleyes.gif

Would you?
kawa
No. biggrin.gif

For what reason would you leave your current city?
malene
Nothing would make me leave this city...

cool.gif

Do you like your life today?
lioness
I like my life but I HATE the backache I have today.

What about you?
schneeland
Oh today turned out to be quite beautiful and inspiring (though it didn't look like this for most of the day), so yes I do like my life today smile.gif

@lioness: sorry to hear about your back pain, hope you get well soon!

What is your momentary definition of a "perfect evening"? (..., knowing quite well, this might be a flexible construct, but still, give it a thought...)
regenbogen
QUOTE (schneeland @ 04.Oct.2007 - 21:52)
What is your momentary definition of a "perfect evening"? (..., knowing quite well, this might be a flexible construct, but still, give it a thought...)

I could think of several "perfect evenings", some more realistically achievable than others wink.gif
One that would be perfectly achievable if I could only bring myself to shut down this PC rolleyes.gif would be to turn in early and to curl up in bed with a good book.

And yours?
kawa
Sitting in a bar or a restaurant with a good friend and having a deep conversation, sounds pretty perfect to me.

Did you ever keep a diary?
malene
No, never, I prefer to write fiction.
wink.gif
What about you?
Simonetta
When I was a teenager, yes, but I was never very good at keeping it up over extended periods of time. I still sometimes jot down a few lines, but only rarely.

If you were to write a novel, what would it be about?
kawa
I'm not good at fiction... Maybe some lesbian love story. gruebel.gif

Do you watch horror films?
Aderyn
I used to when I was still a teenager, but ever since, interest faded. For some weird reason, I get scared more easily these days. sleep.gif

Did any piece of art (a book, a film, a painting, a song etc.) ever change the course of your life?
Simonetta
I don't think that happened in the radical sense of "I read this book, packed my bags and walked out of my life" laugh.gif - but certainly in the sense of inspiring me, keeping me sane, helping me survive. More than once, a song or a poem has been in my personal survival kit.

Is there any special story involving you and a very special book, story, poem, song or other piece of art?
Meeresrauschen
Actually there are several stories about me and a special piece of art... One thing was my ex-gf calling me at 4 am in the morning and singing to me: Unforgettable ... this will be always a special memory to me.

Is there a special place on earth where you can find healing?
Simonetta
The place itself (in a geographical sense) doesn't matter that much, but simply going someplace else can be healing, because it puts things into perspective. I would always choose the sea over the mountains and almost always a big city over a small place - but it's actually in a very small place far from the sea that I have recently experienced the healing power of traveling. smile.gif

Would you ever consider traveling into space?
kawa
No. But I wouldn't hesitate to give away tickets to the moon... biggrin.gif

Would you like to do a cruise?
Meeresrauschen
No thanks

Which talent would you love to have?
flashlin
confidence! as in trusting that everything will turn out well...

which season of the year do you like the most?(and why?)
Sagittaria
I love autumn. Everything seems to live up again for a short time, colours as far as the eye can see - before everything goes to sleep until reviving in spring. Great season...

Imagine yourself having the opportunity to start your life from scratch. What would you do differently and why?
regenbogen
QUOTE (Sagittaria @ 29.Nov.2007 - 02:16)
Imagine yourself having the opportunity to start your life from scratch. What would you do differently and why?

@Sagi!!! Great to see you! knuddel.gif

There is not much I'd deliberately want to do differently. I'd pursue the first love I ever had, instead of shrinking back in horror because she was a woman. rolleyes.gif

And you?
Sagittaria
@regenbogen: Hellooo smile.gif. Feels good to be back ^^ flowers.gif

I'm not sure... Maybe I'd try to work on my self-esteem earlier. I'd definitely wear my braces regularly ( laugh.gif ) and I'd take my car keys with me to England so my sister couldn't crash my car -.-"...

What is it you can't live without?
Meeresrauschen
Nature

And you?
Sagittaria
Music.

If there was one song you'd be forced to listen to every day for the rest of your life - which one would it be?
neelia
This is very clear. For me it would be Pinks song "Family Portrait" biggrin.gif
regenbogen
QUOTE (neelia @ 30.Nov.2007 - 12:25)
This is very clear. For me it would be Pinks song "Family Portrait" biggrin.gif

please ask a new question, @neelia wink.gif
neelia
Oh, I forgot. Sorry biggrin.gif

Have you read the book "tortilla cutrain"?
neelia
not cutrain, "curtain" cool.gif
Sagittaria
No, I haven't.

What is this book about? ^^
neelia
It`s about a Mexican migration family. They try to achieve the American Dream in USA.
I have to read this for school rolleyes.gif
Sagittaria
And again we're lacking a new question rolleyes.gif
Simonetta
How about this one: Do you believe in miracles?
schneeland
Mh, at times I believe in the conspiring forces of the universe or something of that sort, but I wouldn't call it miracles rolleyes.gif Event though I am really hoping for a miracle to happen right now wink.gif

Do you?
Simonetta
QUOTE (schneeland @ 01.Dec.2007 - 00:11)
Even though I am really hoping for a miracle to happen right now wink.gif

Same here. wink.gif

What good thing in your life took a looong time to happen?
Dieses ist eine vereinfachte Darstellung unseres Foreninhaltes. Um die detaillierte Vollansicht mit Formatierung und Bildern zu betrachten, bitte hier klicken.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.